Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Good Old Technology!

Well, seen as everyone's talking about the iPhone (well worth looking at this blog to see all of the previous artist's impressions of the iphone) and the 2007 CES, I thought i'd this chance to talk about some Russian technology! Yes, I never thought i'd say it but I miss the cold war. This war on terrorism just isn't the same. Civilians dying left right and centre, AK-47s and machete beheadings, gone are the days of the space race and some of the dodgiest copying since my Latin homework days! So can I introduce a couple of the greatest inventions of the cold war. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Tuploev TU-144! What? Yes, everyone can recognise that distinctive Tuploev shape from a mile away...


It's just amazing how two similar technologies can develop independent of each other, isn't it? And as if that wasn't enough, the good old USSR then weighed in with this beauty in the 80's called "The Buran Space Shuttle"!

Ahh, i'd like to see the US get into a similar technology race with Islamic funamentalists. What would they come up with.....?

No comments: