Monday, August 27, 2007

Support your local blog!!

If you have a local blog, I reckon you should support it. Must admit it wasn't something i'd thought about much before but I registered on a rather interesting site called www.scottishblogs.co.uk. Now I was rather selfish at first as I was just registering in hope that a few people might trip over this site as a consequence but as I started reading on there are some pretty interesting sites in there.

I think i mentioned it before but there's this one site where the guy's explaining what it's like to be in a Scottish prison, he only kept at it for a few posts but it's all gripping stuff.

There are a couple of good local blogs for my local area (G41, leyton.org and Southside Happenings). Must admit, I stay next to Queens Park in Glasgow and I was a bit ashamed the other day there when I read that the latest update meeting by the park representatives was attended by just three of the local residents.

Hmm, sign of the times I guess. We kind of like of a nice community but when it comes to really getting involved we realise that we're all recluses at heart! Anyway, even if you don't feel like dragging yourself along to a neighbourhood watch meeting just get out there and find a local blog.....!!

No comments: